MyMobileBristol is an exciting collaboration between the University of Bristol and Bristol City Council that intends to facilitate communities of developers, data providers, policy makers and user groups to promote the development and deployment of innovative technologies.
The project will address areas of common interest, including:
- The integration of time and location sensitive data in the Bristol area.
- Optimising the delivery of time and location sensitive information for mobile devices, especially in relation to transport information and where there may be benefits in terms of environmental and sustainability impact.
- Piloting a “campus” application that targets smart-phone users.
Deliverables of the project include:
- A collaborative platform comprised of a blog, wiki, mailing lists, source code repository and issue tracker.
- A demonstrator installed at the University of Bristol.
The project will build upon the deliverables of the Mobile Campus Assistant project which produced a Mobile Web application that provided students with time and location sensitive data.
The MyMobileBristol is being managed by the Web Futures group of the Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT), University of Bristol. The project is funded by Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) under their Business and Community Engagement Programme.